Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Salary: £55K – £70K
Experience: 5+ years / Hands-On
Sector: Insurance, Fintech
To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers’ needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Java or Python, we’d love to speak with you.
Who are we looking for:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and Linux Shell scripting
- Good experience with any or more of mentioned cloud infra providers: AWS, IBM, Azure and GCP.
- Experience building a multi-region highly available auto-scaling infrastructure that optimizes performance and cost.
- Must have written playbook to automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure as well as automation of routine maintenance tasks.
- Must have had prior experience automating deployments to production and lower environments.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases, aware of Active-Active and Active-Passive database replica setup,NoSQL shared database setup.
- Hands-on experience on working with CI/CD tools like jenkins.
- Hands-on experience of working with Monitoring tools like Icinga.
- Experience with logging and monitoring
- Hands-on experience of working with containers and container orchestration Dockers and Docker Swarm or kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience of working on Puppet or Chef or Ansible.
- Good experience on using NGINX/HA Proxy/Apache.
- Work with Developers & QA team to institute a policy of Continuous Integration with Automated Testing Architect, build and manage dashboards to provide visibility into delivery, production application functional and performance status.
- Work with developers to institute systems, policies and workflows which allow for rollback of deployments.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 1/2/3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and civil engineering
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation