Location: United Kingdom
Salary: £130K – £150K
Experience: 10+ years
Sector: Insurance, Fintech
We are a digital financial service provider that consistently goes the extra mile to improve the financial security of our consumers. By merging deep consumer insights and cutting-edge technology, we have built a range of carefully tailored products that improve the quality of your life.
We provide solutions that cater to today, while also securing tomorrow. Our vision is to be the preferred digital financial solutions provider, with a reputation for innovation and trustworthiness.
At Tangerine Financial, we believe that life should be lived to the fullest.
The Tangerine Financial Team
Our team is made up of an exciting mix of creative forward thinkers, who thrive on our sense of community, bringing passion and zest to everything we do.
Our work life is fun, liberal, and unintimidating. We live the #TangerineLife, symbolizing a burst of positive energy, creative expression, and innovative culture.
We are a group of dynamic people, who share a common vision and are driven by our values.
– Excellence: Our standards are high, and this comes through in everything we do
– Entrepreneurship: Our people passionately take ownership of every process to ensure excellent service delivery
– Trust: We take our responsibility seriously and the record of customer satisfaction speaks for itself
– Discipline: We are detail-oriented with a focus on attaining the best possible results – Creativity: We go a step further with the best interests of our clients at the forefront of our process
Here is what we bring to the table:
– You get to live the #TangerineLife and work in a dynamic, innovative, and rewarding environment.
– Yes, rewarding. Our compensation packages are competitive.
– We offer a robust medical plan.
– Well-rounded personal development experience – you also get room to grow for and by yourself.
– Our offices are great. The ambiance, the environment, the people, we love it, we hope you will too.
What we’re looking for:
Department: Digital & Innovation
Unit: Group Executive Functions
You will report to: The Group Managing Director
Supervise: Digital & Innovation Team
The CTO is responsible for establishing Tangerine Financial Group’s technology vision and strategy, expanding product development capabilities, leading client implementations and electronic data interchange (EDI) shared services while maintaining our core values of higher standards, greater accountability, and more fun.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Establishing a clear technology vision aligned with the company values; set specific and challenging objectives and action plans; motivate teams to balance customer needs, budgets, and business success.
• Innovative thinking to create vibrant products, services, and solutions.
• Set, communicate and execute strategic and operational strategy and performance.
• Analyse competitive product environment and adjust the product strategy to be proactive in the marketplace.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with consultants, partners, customers, and prospects.
• Must effectively partner with internal Tangerine Financial Group’s stakeholders.
• A significant contributor to strategy, growth, culture, and execution.
• Significantly expand the company’s product development capabilities to accelerate the penetration of Tangerine’s offering across all business segments.
• Enhance Tangerine’s in-house technology expertise to build efficiency and more automation into the platform, particularly for large market clients.
• Develop and drive comprehensive system integration capabilities that allow Tangerine to own the design, development, and deployment of the required end-to-end solutions while leveraging business expertise.
• Direct oversight of implementations and onboarding for direct business uses.
• Lead and direct the Digital & Innovation team to ensure they are delivering high-quality work – products and services.
• Consistently strive to upgrade execution, through defining the departmental, team, and individual SLAs and operational metrics; regular review of metrics; and development of appropriate remediation activity as required. Meet or exceed all contracted performance metrics.
• Drive process improvement initiatives, while balancing short-term execution of daily, weekly and monthly tasks with building the required infrastructure to support future growth.
• Analyse operational practices for effectiveness and practicality, while influencing a culture that is innovative in the approach to solutions.
• Accountable for leading the team in accordance with standards of leadership excellence.
• Develop a culture and organization that attracts, selects, and retains high calibre, diverse talent that can successfully achieve or exceed business goals.
• Build a cohesive team that works well together and across other business segments.
• Drive a culture of proactive customer service and teamwork.
Other Duties: All other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Group Executive, Commercial.
• MBA or MS in management, informatics, IT, Digital Innovation finance, or a related discipline highly desired.
• Experience in tech-enabled product environments that rely on data and technology to produce products that ultimately change consumer behaviour preferences.
• 10+ years in reputable innovative organizations
• Demonstrated experience as a respected and credible leader with success in leading cross-functional and market-based teams at various levels.
• Evidence of strong operational and systems thinking skills.
• Ability to successfully manage internal relationships while simultaneously profitably growing the business externally.
• Teambuilder: Leads by example, inspires team, respected for technical capability.
• Hands-on visionary: Architectural lead
• A P&L leader that can establish the necessary financial rigor in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to collaborate with and understand the needs of business leaders and help translate those needs into an actionable plan.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business and policy decision-makers and clients.
• Demonstrated collaborative style with the ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships across various internal executive stakeholders and constituents.
• Ability to negotiate complex issues; reach consensus and work through people to achieve key goals.
• Ability to build scale while maintaining a strong culture.
About your expertise
• At least 10 years of senior management experience or equivalent required.
• Demonstrated success in developing a strategy to grow profitably in a highly competitive landscape.
• Expertise in distributed systems, micro-services, and open-source technology.
• Extensive experience in e-wallet, payment domains.
• Ideally experienced in leading a start-up company through the scale-up phase from 3 million users to 10+ million users.
• Infrastructure Technologies, Digital Strategy, Growth Strategy, Digital Strategy, Agile
Development, App Development, Strategic Vision.
• Experience in rationalizing a portfolio and decision-making on stop/start/continue initiatives to deliver value.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without discrimination on grounds of ethnicity, marital status, gender, age, religion, disability status, or political persuasion.